[OM] IMG: Warsaw

Subject: [OM] IMG: Warsaw
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2018 20:22:40 +0200
I a few days in my native Poland last week, starting with Wednesday-Friday in
Warsaw. The result is this gallery of about 50 images:

http://www.frozenlight.eu/warsaw_june2018/

Warsaw is a place with a lot of history, much of it complex and painful. For
that reason, I have tried to include longer captions than I usually do so as to
provide you with enough explanation to understand the context of the images.
But do not get me wrong: in the quarter century since the fall of the Communist
regime, Warsaw has become a proper European metropolis, a thoroughly modern
city—yes, with ugly spot, but every city has those.

My gallery is concentrated on the posher parts of the city—the Old Town, some
of the major boulevards and such. I had intended to also visit the working
class neighbourhood Praga, but given that I was in Warsaw on business, my
schedule did not allow for that. Maybe next time.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain
<http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>