Re: [OM] Steep cliffs and bear swimming

Subject: Re: [OM] Steep cliffs and bear swimming
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2018 12:04:44 -0700
On 5/23/2018 12:50 AM, Peter Klein wrote:
The cliffs.  As I said, Lake Chelan is very fjord-like:
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563@N04/28422189188/in/dateposted-public/>

To me, taking only a monochrome camera into such scenery would be the photographer's equivalent of hair shirt and self flagellation. As I'm not aware of, or won't admit to, photographic sins of that magnitude, and don't believe in such forms of atonement, not happenin' :-)

Nice scenery, anyway, and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

The bear.  I had a 35mm lens on the camera when it appeared.  No time to change lenses.

On that cruise, I'd have two cameras around my neck, with zoom lenses covering the FF eq. of 24-800 mm. (And a third, with Fishy or 14-28 mm eq. lens at hand.)

'Nother Way Moose