Re: [OM] Damned Smart(ass) Phone

Subject: Re: [OM] Damned Smart(ass) Phone
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2018 11:11:29 -0800
>      I found that I already have an account, so it might not like me
> establishing a second one.  Doesn't matter as I do not want to have anything
> to do with Google.  This and the lack of USB may be due to the phone not
> being activated.

Not sure I understand the USB issue. Are you saying it doesn't have a
USB port or is it not functioning? There are settings for that both in
the phone and in your computer. I've had difficulty with some of my
phones not wanting to connect to some computers. Generally speaking, I
don't use USB connectivity unless I'm transferring massive files or
doing backups.

>      Speaking of which, internet service down here has really slowed down.
> Most of the time, even on wifi, I'm waiting for third party sites to reply,
> and the bulk of them are googlefonts, googleadservices, googleapis,
> googlethis, and googlethat.  They are certainly becoming a monopoly, and they
> are slowing everything down.

Don't blame just Google. Amazon is just as guilty.

Arizona is an odd duck when it comes to the Internet. While it is
along the major southern fiber route, it always gets the scrubs as it
is effectively subtended off of LA and Dallas. Some providers have
attempted additional connectivity to SJ and Denver, but for the most
part, a single fiber cut can take out 2 of 4 legs. Phoenix is actually
about the worst connected major city in the country. Seattle and
Boston are worse, but that's another story.

AG