Re: [OM] MIKE WAS PIERS LR and PS WAS More Bangkok [was IMG: Street Food

Subject: Re: [OM] MIKE WAS PIERS LR and PS WAS More Bangkok [was IMG: Street Food Porn in
From: Philippe <photo.philippe.amard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2018 07:52:48 +0200

> Le 28 mars 2018 à 00:56, Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> a écrit :
>
> I am still using CS6 but when have some time may bite the bullet and pay the
> ongoing Adobe tax for CC. I use other converters for unsupported raw files
> and port a 16 bit tiff to PS.
> I thought LR classic CC is OK with win 7 64 bit---Hmmm, seems it is,
> according to Adobe:
>
> https://helpx.adobe.com/in/lightroom/system-requirements.html
>
> I am not sure how many flavors of LR exist.

Currently 2

Classic CC (may be part of larger packs for the photog; size of the cloud and
extra software depending on the bundle you hire). LR Classic CC is a gentle
update of the previous LR CC (confusing terms indeed) which itself was an
upgrade of LR6, 5, 4  …

And the *new* LR CC -essentially cloud based- that they are trying hard to
promote, yet not recommended if you’re serious about photography, for it loses
much of the useful tools for export, printing, sorting, etc. Not mature when I
tried it 2 weeks ago. Of course, YOMV if you « work » from several appliances
phone, tablet, desktop, and/or  bike or car dashboard touchscreen and never
intend to visualize your photos other than on, social media I’d say.

Hope this helps.

Amities
Philippe