[OM] And another that most avoid

Subject: [OM] And another that most avoid
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2018 12:55:40 -0800
Do note that this is an actual airport, not some usual bush flying
sandbar stuff. I'd love to see Chris try to land one of his go-fast
jets in here. I love the comment "go around unlikely". You're
surrounded by mountains on three sides.

Whittier Airport:
(This airport is generally in existence for emergencies if the tunnel
is closed).

Runway 04/22
Dimensions:1480 x 60 feet / 451 x 18 meters
Surface:Gravel in Fair Condition
Obstacles: 26 ft Road 0 ft from runway, 75 ft right of center

Other Remarks:

APCH TO RY 22 OVER WATER. DISTANCE FROM WATER TO THLD PANELS 205 FT.

FOR TKOF USE RY 04 ONLY; FIRST 130 FT OF RY 04 UNUSBL. PILE OF LARGE
ROCKS LCTD APCH END RY 04. FOR LDGS USE RY 22 ONLY; GO AROUND
UNLIKELY.

30 FT TREES, 45 FT EACH SIDE OF RWY CENTERLINE, FULL LENGTH.

NO SCHEDULED MAINT. NO WINTER MAINT. CLSD FROM FIRST SNOWFALL TIL AFTER BREAKUP.

AG Schnozz