Re: [OM] I'm shooting with a Micro 4/3 Pen-F now!

Subject: Re: [OM] I'm shooting with a Micro 4/3 Pen-F now!
From: Jan Steinman via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2018 10:16:59 -0800
Cc: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> From: Christopher Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> For 35mm film, I have used the Olympus OM system since I was a kid. They
> were the ideal cameras for me; tiny, light, well built, and excellent
> lenses. I wanted a digital version... I bought a Pen-F and two Olympus
> lenses, the 17mm f1.8
> (35mm) and the 45mm f1.8 (90mm).

Do you still have any of your OM glass? If so, get some adapters and a speed
booster, and the fun gets multiplied!

It’s to the point that I’ve spent more on OM glass than on micro-four-thirds
glass in the past year. :-)

If you use adapted lenses, a speed booster is a must. Stay away from the ones
under $100. The Metabones Ultra is supposedly superb for $450. I find the Kipon
Baveyes Ultra to be good enough for me, at $135, currently. (I paid $150 some
months ago.)

With the speed booster, the venerable 55mm f1.2 becomes a 39mm f0.8 lens, my
“bokeh monster." Next Monday, I get to see what a 15mm f1.4 looks like, with
the scheduled arrival of an OM 21/2.

https://www.mu-43.com/threads/lets-see-your-creamy-bokeh-please.23661/page-38#post-1096775

“YOU CAN’T DO THAT WITH A POSTAGE-STAMP SENSOR!"