Re: [OM] Oly firmwaer updates for E-M1 II, Pen-F and E-M5 II

Subject: Re: [OM] Oly firmwaer updates for E-M1 II, Pen-F and E-M5 II
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2018 11:38:35 -0800
On 3/1/2018 2:47 AM, Wayne Harridge wrote:
I presume this is a feature of the updater software and is not limited to
specific cameras ?

Did you hear the buzzer? Wrong, but thank you for playing.

The ability to save settings started with the E-M1 II, then was added to E-M5
II and Pen-F with firmware upgrades.

That was an interesting dance. The upgrade to the first body erased the then existing settings. I replaced them manually through the menus by referring to the as yet un-updated body, and saved them. Then after upgrading the second body, I was able to restore its settings from the saved data from the first.

This time, it was a breeze, with the settings restored automagically.

Unfortunately, doesn't apply to any of the regular Pens, any E-M10 bodies or
the first version E-M5 and E-M1.

Good/Bad News Moose