Re: [OM] olympus Digest, Vol 112, Issue 25

Subject: Re: [OM] olympus Digest, Vol 112, Issue 25
From: "William Sommerwerck" <grizzledgeezer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2018 13:48:10 -0800
I NEVER had that problem [screw heads] with a multitude of Olympus lenses -- including the aforementioned 16/3.5 -- but encountered it almost immediately when I got a third-party lens (and not even a cheap one: the Tamron 300/2.8). I sent the body to John for a new pin, sold the Tamron, and swore off third-party
lenses.

I owned several third-party lenses lenses for my OM cameras. (I can't think of the brand, but it's major current manufacturer.) The aperture rings were horrible, loose and wobbly. I sent them back for adjustment, but the improvement was trivial. The head of the company lied to me, saying they were aware of the problem, and would fix it Real Soon Now. This has permanently turned me off to third-party lenses.