Re: [OM] It Was Just That Kind of a Day

Subject: Re: [OM] It Was Just That Kind of a Day
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2018 22:40:57 -0800
On 2/11/2018 1:19 PM, Chris Barker wrote:
Indeed, Moose.  There’s something about a sail, in the distance, remote and
shapely.

Thanks! I do agree.

GM5 did a fine job for you. One of the best pocketable cams, IMO.

You know I agree. When it became obvious that no replacement was on the
horizon, I bought a second one.

It would appear that the market for "simplified" small cameras that come in colors and have selfie features is larger than that for more serious ones. Panny's GFx series is up to 9 now here and 10 in Japan. Larger and heavier than GM5, flash, no EVF, but even more selfie tools.

After morphing the E-PL7 into the E-PL8 through pure cosmetic surgery, the E-PL9 appears, in a lovely blue and other colors, as a memorial to the minimalist controls E-PM1, but better video.

Robin Wong says: “. . . can perform serious tasks when required . . .”

There are still a few folks of taste and distinction; used and almost new GM5s are going for more than before being discontinued, and considerably more than my red back-up.

Still need to rid my sensor of recalcitrant cooties.

It's amazing what a well placed blast of compressed gas can do.

  We won't have a day like that until perhaps May. Rainy, raw, 30's here but
could be worse.

We could use some or your or Jim's rain. After a promising raining beginning, this winter seems to have pooped out early. We've been mostly having gorgeous days, sunny, highs in the high 60-low 70s. Today was a complete waste, as will the next couple be - temps in the 60s, overcast, but no rain. Then it's back to "perfect" weather again.

Reservoirs are full, but the limited snow pack won't them that way through
summer.

Enjoy It While Moose