[OM] Hocus Focus {Turtle Alert!}

Subject: [OM] Hocus Focus {Turtle Alert!}
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2018 23:38:53 -0500
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
Excellently organized roll overs so can keep track of the effects.  (yes, like
the turtles) I see your very very cool Minolta 85/2.8 varisoft did not make the
cut for the analysis.  You mentioned the image size changed when the
aberration was adjusted.  I think the early nikkor worked like that too.  There
are the newer Nikkor DC lenses though am not sure how they work.  There are
adapters to provide AF and exif now for Sonnie.

http://www.photozone.de/nikon--nikkor-aps-c-lens-tests/222-nikkor-af-105mm-f2-d-dc-review--test-report

I am not sure they will get you any closer to what you want any easier.

The STF lens in native mount has the problem of being a tad slow and the APD
element effectively increases dof at any given aperture so in many
circumstances subject isolation ironically becomes an issue.
When used to their full advantage at closer focusing distances with a far
background the results are impressive. Perhaps we can see exactly the effect
you like in a merged image.

Not quite sharp enough to discern the exact effect Softly, Softly Moose is
going for, MiIke