Re: [OM] Anybody using their legacy OM glass with Sony full frame digita

Subject: Re: [OM] Anybody using their legacy OM glass with Sony full frame digital?
From: Frank <wijsmuller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2017 23:56:04 +0100
Yes & very satisfied. K&F Concept adapters. Getting more expensive now the
secret is out: they are good and cheap compared to metabones or comparable.
My guess is lower demand as well ;-).

I gave up on Canon DSLRs (5D, 6D) for my OM (and other MF) stuff. The
in-viewer magnification helped me to get many more keepers. I found the
focusing critical in getting the best out of my lenses, and I actually
think this way they can outperform AF. You should not be in a hurry though.
Although the general mirrorless workflow (evaluating your picture in the
viewer without taking the camera of your eyes) might compensate  a bit for
that.

I have the older A7 and a A7r II. Both very capable, the newer one gets the
most use, of course. The A7 is noticeable lighter. IBIS of the A7r II is
not in the same league as Olympus though. I did not study it, but the 42Mp
needs higher shutterspeeds compared to 16~20Mp, the IBIS relaxes that
constraint slightly, in the end you're lucky to have 1-2 stops benefit...

The lenses I use the most are wide-angles and the 35-80mm (& some macro).
The wider and older the lens, the more they seem to suffer from optical
aberrations (and suck wide open, don't expect Zeiss performance  ;-). They
clean up nicely corrected in post, but you should prepared to do that.
Don't expect the pixel for pixel crispness of the better (M)43 lenses
though.

I made some test pictures
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/63142137@N08/albums/72157685913618243/with/36516218970/>
as illustration for a comparison
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/136oUGCDLaNp4k60F6knv7W2QVDnNDP7onXD0s5dYj7w/edit>
(google translate
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/136oUGCDLaNp4k60F6knv7W2QVDnNDP7onXD0s5dYj7w/edit>,
but it didn't work when writing this) between the Sony GM 24-70/2.8, the
Sigma Art 24-70/2.8 and the combination of Zuiko 24/2 and 35-80mm.

If interested I can provide some pictures, some with tripod.