Re: [OM] Icy Water

Subject: Re: [OM] Icy Water
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2017 16:22:18 -0900
Warm Wayne and Steamy Moose wrote:
>> Naah, I'm happy for Ken to be up there in the cold !
> Yes!!!

I don't know how long we'll be up here, but I'm going to maximize
every moment. Alaska really is "Disneyland" for photographers. And
Anchorage is completely surrounded by immense beauty. Granted, you
can't see it for half the year, and the ground shakes once in a while,
but where else do you have a scenes like this that are so accessible
to the metro area? As much as I love Denver, it is pretty pedestrian
compared to this. Seattle area? That's pretty decent. LA basin? Ugh.
San Fransisco? Not too shabby. Bergen, Norway? Yeah, pretty much.
Geneva, Nice, Salzburg?

Just colder and lots newer. Consider that the Anchorage area didn't
exist before WW2 and then was entirely rebuilt after 1964, and then
the population exploded in the '80s and '90s, that everything is
pretty new.

AG