Re: [OM] Fabulous Thursday Bird

Subject: Re: [OM] Fabulous Thursday Bird
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2017 10:58:32 -0800
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>

Sometimes, ya just nail one. <http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=22581>

Never seen one near this close.
Nice!

Thanks!

What lens? The EXIF only shows the focal length (400).

More precisely, many apps that display EXIF excerpts don't show the lens detail, including this gallery of mine (lazy), FastStone, Zone-10 and LUG.

OTOH, LR, Bridge, PIE, EXIFtoolGUI, DxO OP, Oly Viewer 3, and so on, correctly
identify it.

It's in EXIF several times:
ExifIFD:LensInfo = 100-400/F4.0-6.3
ExifIFD:LensModel = LEICA DG 100-400/F4.0-6.3
Olympus:LensType = Leica DG Vario-Elmar 100-400mm F4.0-6.3 Asph. Power OIS
Olympus:LensModel = LEICA DG 100-400/F4.0-6.3

And therein lies part of the problem with displaying it; it's in various forms,
under various tags, that vary by maker.

Unlike most raptors, Coopers primarily eat songbirds. We had one hanging around what we came
to call our “bird feeder feeder” for a while, but I never got a shot of it.

Yup, that's why I hope it was a one off visit, as we have lots of its favorite foods at our feeder. We intentionally have it where there's no clear path to swoop in and grab a meal.

  Flew off, apparently OK after posing.
Have it talk to some NHL players and boxers. If it doesn’t stop “body checking” windows, it
may end up with “old-timers disease."

My guess is that it saw the reflection of one of the little birds in the window
. . .

Feeding Frenzy Moose