Re: [OM] Looking for macro, om 80 bellows?

Subject: Re: [OM] Looking for macro, om 80 bellows?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2017 11:04:26 -0800
On 12/17/2017 9:21 AM, Nicholas Travers wrote:
To be more specific, Yes I did finally replace my nex3n with a nex3n
(familiar is good, but I still want a viewfinder ^.^).  I am
scanning/duping negs to digital - and mostly with the APS-c nex.  so the
50/3.5 should work for me except for the extra adapters needed to link into
the vivtar bellows I currently have.  Currently the camera to lens distance
with bellows fully collapsed is too long.

I have the om macro 80mm on it's way to complete the current project.  But
am in conversation to switch over to an OM bellows, which may allow me to
use the macro 50/3.5 on future projects.

Nice looking one on the 'Bay, closing this afternoon.
<https://www.ebay.com/itm/232593208735?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT>

(though my 50 got bashed in the
aforementioned fall and might need replacing).
I do enjoy the macro 50/3.5 as an all around shooter, and it sounds like
the 90/2.5 is also a nice all around shooter so I am in conversation to
pick that up as well.

You mean 90/2? I was disappointed with mine. Looked mint, no signs of damage, excellent all round shooter - and progressively poorer from about 1:4 to 1:2. 85/2 is also an excellent all rounder, and I have plenty of real macro lenses. I sold the 90/2 on; no regrets.

What is the eSIF?

Oly had a loose leaf Sales Information File for at least salespeople and distributors. Old list member Hans van Veluwen scanned it and put it up on the web. His site is gone, but it lives on on mine and elsewhere. Fabulous reference. <http://omesif.moosemystic.net/>

Close Up to Moose