Re: [OM] Seeking Wide Bokeh Monster

Subject: Re: [OM] Seeking Wide Bokeh Monster
From: "Sawyer, Edward" <Ed.Sawyer@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2017 13:20:38 +0000
Hi Jan –

I was the one who bought your 21/2 back in 2008 (for $800 at the time). Sadly I
don’t still have that exact one. It was a nice one no doubt! Interestingly , it
was the exact lens used by Modern Photography in their lens test of the OM
21/2, based on the serial number.  Pretty cool to have an actual example of a
lens tested by Modern Photo.

I do have another one, but I recently sold it in a package deal to an overseas
buyer.

There are several on ebay, in particular 3 here:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/222722662750  For the same price as what you got for
yours 9 years ago…

There’s several in the sold ebay listings too, for between $700 and $950, so
$800 seems like a reasonable price.

Good luck in the search!

-Ed

On 11/29/17, 6:16 AM, "olympus on behalf of olympus-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
<olympus-bounces+ed.sawyer=unh.edu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of
olympus-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    [OM] Seeking Wide Bokeh Monster

    Anyone have an OM Zuiko 21/2 that they are willing to part with at less
than evilBay scalpers? prices? Beat-up body is fine, as long as the optics are
decent.

    There are NONE showing up at auction in the sold listings, and the ?Buy It
Now" prices are astronomical. I?ve had it in my ?contact me? filter at KEH for
months.

    I had one and loved it in my film days, but foolishly cleaned out all my
fast-wides in a fit of ?crop-itis.? Now, I?d like to combine one with a speed
booster.