Re: [OM] The closing of Fort Wayne's Last Camera Store

Subject: Re: [OM] The closing of Fort Wayne's Last Camera Store
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2017 21:37:20 -0800
On 11/27/2017 6:08 PM, Christopher Crawford wrote:
Back in July, Sunny Schick Camera Shop in Fort Wayne, Indiana closed forever
after 90 years in business. I made some photographs of the store as it
emptied out during their going out of business sale.

  It was a sad thing to document, as Sunny Schick was a center for the
photography community on Fort Wayne, and our city's last remaining camera
store.

My condolences.

People in SF and the Peninsula were saddened by the loss of major store Keeble and Shuchat a year ago. Perhaps much of the business will transfer to stores in SF, helping them along.

We are lucky to have a major store here in Berkeley. I wish them well, but have done little to support them, only buying things like bags and tripod/head stuff, things I need to see/handle in person, once in a while. With major university campus in town, I suppose the constantly rotating student population is always in need of photography stuff, as well as supporting several art supply stores. Students were a big presence in their old location near campus.

G.A.S. Moose