Re: [OM] IMG: Beech Party Arrivals

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Beech Party Arrivals
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2017 01:47:33 -0700
On 10/14/2017 9:08 PM, Jim Nichols wrote:
I wondered why you had been so quiet.

Only on-line. :-) Much to see and do, no Wi-Fi or v. Slo-Fi many nights.

After listening to my son describe a non-stop from Atlanta to Hawaii, I promised myself I wanted no part of that.  I see weekly 4-engine flights pass overhead, flying great circle routes such as Huntsville, AL to Luxembourg, or Seoul via Anchorage to Atlanta, but it's not for me.

Actually, we were surprised at how comfortable the long flights were. We popped for Premium Economy, which is a big step up in comfort, seats are wider, recline further, with foot rests and more leg room. Good to excellent food and excellent service. I don't know about other long haul fliers; Cathay Pacific includes noise-cancelling headphones. A little dodgy on one flight, amazingly good on three. Obviously tuned to the aircraft noise. Large selection of movies, TV, etc.

I've never been good at sleeping on airplanes, but slept on both long legs - space, quiet and reclining make a difference. Overall, far from an agonizing experience, quite easy, in fact.

BTW, the latest long haul jets are two engine - really big engines. :-)  When
you see four, it's old tech.

Nice to have you back.

Thanks!

Now all I have to do is deal with 6,393 still and 180 video files. ;-)

Fortunately, I shot a lot of focus stacks, so the actual number of separate images is possibly more manageable, "only" ~3,200.

Which to tackle first . . .

Work Cut Out For Moose