Re: [OM] IMG: They're Still Here!

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: They're Still Here!
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2017 06:54:49 -0700
> From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Though I had a Yellow Jacket nest professionally removed two weeks ago,
> and filled the hole with dirt yesterday, they are still around.

WD-40 will do the job. Went through half a gallon can last year while
decommissioning two 22’x70’ greenhouses.

I find the cans with the lever pump that Dome Hepot sells work better than the
pressurized ones, because there is a rotating spray head that can be set to
give a long, thin stream. Plus, they are secretly re-fillable: carefully bang
the spray head against a work bench, and it will pop off, and some careful
pressure and twisting can pop it back on after refilling from a gallon can. You
can save about 80% this way!

(Obligatory greenhouse decommissioning photos here:
http://www.ecoreality.org/wiki/Project/Commercial_propagation_greenhouse_deconstruction
 )