Re: [OM] Marsh and Chugach Mountains

Subject: Re: [OM] Marsh and Chugach Mountains
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2017 10:37:50 -0700
On 9/20/2017 1:50 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
I've been enjoying this series of your new home. For a while there, I
thought I was going to have to suggest that you get a new camera. There was
something subtly off.
Most of the shots are with the Canon 6D. That should explain the
"subtly off" and the flat mid-tones.

At some point I will get a new camera, but my goal is to literally
wear these ones out first.

Why?

No answer actually needed, but I had to ask the question. I, who will cheerfully hop to the new thing, if it works better with me and/or makes better images.

After careful research, fondling Ctein's E-M1 II briefly, then getting his report, I decided that any minimal/invisible IQ improvement would not be worth the learning curve, (it's like it's made by a different company) ergonomic failings (for me) and firmware downgrade for custom settings. Announce an E-M5 III with the M1 II stuff and 1/60 sec HR Mode, (and retaining MySets) and the IIs will be gone.

I suppose part of your problem may be that what you really want is a Leica SL? In bright sun, and as shot/interpreted by Tina, it is mostly too high key/whatever for my taste, but as it gets dimmer, the tones get all deliciously luscious. I almost licked the screen with a couple of the Trans-Siberia images. I'll bet -2/3 EV in the bright would make it right for me.

Not my cuppa, though, in so many other ways.

Time to give the gear I've got a serious workout.

M. F. T. Moose