[OM] IMG: Extension Tube Venture

Subject: [OM] IMG: Extension Tube Venture
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2017 15:10:41 -0500
Tired of lugging the 250mm, I slipped an 11mm extension tube on the 135 this afternoon and walked outside.  There was not a butterfly to be seen, but the Buddleia was covered with large bees.  Handicapped by a lens-to-subject distance of 2-3 ft., I snapped a few bee photos.

I also noted what appeared to be tiny balls of white lint floating around.  When I saw one settle on a leaf, I looked closer, and it appeared to have wings.  This puzzled me, so I snapped a few shots, hoping to get something useful.  The total size seemed to be about 2mm.

Bee by extension tube:

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20170916-DSCF5141.JPG.html

Possibly a Woolly Aphid, though not sure:

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20170916-DSCF5143.JPG.html

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA