Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 26-27 August 2017: another failed brevet

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 26-27 August 2017: another failed brevet
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2017 08:12:09 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     A distinct advantage of a single-payer health system.  I've heard
countless stories of similar circumstances from people who have had health
emergencies in France, Britain, and elsewhere.  Some required minor surgery and
hospital stays.  We will never have it here in the US as it eliminates social
stratification and the opportunity to fully control the middle class.

>The experience with both the ambulance crew and the hospital staff was
>excellent: competence and friendliness are the two words that come to
>mind. And despite the fact that I am not in the Danish health insurance
>system (I am a Danish citizen but I do not live here), the issue of
>payment or insurance was never even mentioned. It simply did not exist
>for the doctors and nurses who treated me.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson