[OM] Nathan's PAD 28/8/2017: a leisurely ride to beach of my youth

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 28/8/2017: a leisurely ride to beach of my youth
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2017 16:31:25 +0200
On Monday, after the ordeal of Sunday afternoon/evening, I was not going to do
any serious cycling. But the weather was good, and Lars had to work in the
morning, so I took the bicycle and just cycled to the beach where I used to go
when I was a teenager here in Aarhus in the 1970s. Truth be told, the main
motive for going to the beach was not to swim or sunbathe, but to drink beer
and look at the topless women; those were the days…but the beach is still
there, the forest through which you go to get there is beautiful, and it is
less than 10 km from city centre. Seven images:

This is the road one cycles on (the bike path):
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-VpXdbZr/A

Shortly after entering the forest, you come to park called Dyrehaven, with a
large herd of deer and other animals:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-jTLjp2X/A

Bambi wants a snack:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-8jzgF4d/A

Moesgaard Strand (beach). It does not look that inviting here, but other parts
are more sandy and there are days when it is full. But this was, after all, a
Monday morning, and school vacations are over in Denmark by now. So the beach
was quite deserted:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-GdH984z/A

This used to be a fisherman’s house, now it is just somebody’s home I think. I
have a photo I took of my mother here in the early 1980s:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-n9b79HZ/A

This is actually the public toilet:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-HdfdRQc/A

For old times’ sake I took as small stone with me to take a piece of my town
back to Alicante tomorrow. On the way back to the city, I took one last
picture. This is the harbour as seen through the trees of the forest:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-Tr2KppT/A

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman