[OM] Upcoming total solar eclipse in US

Subject: [OM] Upcoming total solar eclipse in US
From: Dean Hansen <hanse112@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2017 12:09:10 -0500
Hi all,
     How many OM Listers will be able to take in the total solar eclipse in
a week?  My wife will be visiting her sister near Nashville, TN, and will
see totality of two minutes and forty seconds.  I plan on being somewhere
on the sagebrush flats of Wyoming not too far from Casper--I'll get two
minutes and thirty seconds of totality.  Should be a thrilling 2:30, indeed!
     Any camera suggestions?  I'll have my Canon 1014 XLS Super 8 movie
camera on a tripod, and I plan on setting the exposure manually for
whatever it should be for full daylight and then have the camera do its
magic single frame per second (or five, or ten, or whatever seconds) and
get a two plus hour record of the darkening and then lightening of the
Wyoming landscape compressed into a couple minutes of filming.  Gotta do
the math, here, Deano.  I'm thinking of pointing the camera to the south,
with a fairly wide angle setting, and record what happens on the
landscape.  I'll leave a time-lapse of the moon's actual crossing of the
sun to the pros.
     So when totality comes, what then?  My 60-300 Tammy at 300 on the OM
4T and pointed right at the sun?  Any ND filter?  Or just say screw it and
simply stand back and be awed by something I'll never see again?
     Whatcha going to be doing next Monday, folks?
Digest Dean