Re: [OM] IMG: Cesky Krumlov

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Cesky Krumlov
From: Ralf Loi <ralf_loi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2017 11:04:02 +0200
<<
And now, it's on to the Czech Republic, and the fairy-tale and
gingerbread town of Cesky Krumlov.  The Vltava River (which you may know
by its German name, the Moldau) runs in a long hairpin curve through the
town, evoking Smetana's orchestral tone poem of the same name.  Except
that Smetana probably didn't foresee the huge number of rubber boats and
kayaks that now float down the river, apparently carrying half the
population of Bohemia every weekend.

Bringing back some memories from a very enjoyed trip:
http://www.tope.nl/tope_show_entry.php?event=19&pic=22

Boats and kayaks were already present, but probably not in a huge amount.
What I missed in that trip was a visit to a beer factory (my wife hates
the beer smell), but not the beers!

Ralf