[OM] OT: Stupid Drivers

Subject: [OM] OT: Stupid Drivers
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2017 17:21:23 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     If you come to the conclusion that people driving in the streets are
idiots, you might not be very far off-base.  A study cited in an article in
this past Sunday's edition of The Times (London) has found that people who
drive for more that two hours a day suffer from declining IQs:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/hours-of-driving-leaves-iq-on-the-skids-qtdmqs0rl

     When I first heard this, I immediately recalled a line from the cult movie
"Repo Man" in which one of the characters atates that "...the more you drive,
the less intelligent you become."  From this study it seems that life imitates
art.

     It also reminded me of a haiku poem written many years ago by a friend:

Haikus mean IQs!
Low IQs mean no haikus.
High IQs: Haikus!

     He won a regional poetry slam competition with that.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson