Re: [OM] death of a light meter

Subject: Re: [OM] death of a light meter
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2017 07:22:03 -0700
> From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> My Sekonic L-508 Zoom Master light meter has died.

Have you tried several batteries? When mine appeared dead, a simple battery
swap fixed it, although the first two that I tried did not work. Perhaps it
needs a good, solid 9 VDC to recover from a flat battery.

> That said there are numerous L-508s for sale on eBay! Are there any
> recommendations for a comparable present day replacement.
> An incident light reading capability is a prerequisite.

My backup to the Sekonic is the CdS Gossen Luna Pro that I bought used when I
was in high school. It still has the original battery, and STILL WORKS after 45
years! It’s good to EV -4 @ ASA 100, and the current evilBay price is about a
third of what I paid in 1972. And it does incident marvellously. (But the touch
screen appears to be broken. :-)

http://www.jollinger.com/photo/meters/meters/gossen_lunapro.html