[OM] OT: Android apps

Subject: [OM] OT: Android apps
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2017 07:41:54 +0200
During my recent visit to Poland, I helped my sister set up her newly acquired
Lenovo tablet (she got it for free from her phone company as the reward for
renewing her contract). Just basic stuff like downloading and installing the
Facebook, Messenger and Skype apps that she uses, setting up her e-mail on the
tablet etc. All good.

Back home, I decided to get an Android tablet myself, just out of curiosity and
to learn a bit more about that system. So I got myself a slightly fancier
Lenovo tablet for 120 Euro. It runs Android 6.0. I find it less intuitive
compared to my iPad Mini, but being newer, it is faster, and the implementation
of MS Office is quite good.

Now two questions:

- what is the best e-book reader for Android?
- are there any real killer apps that I should have? I looked at ZDNet’s list
of 100 best apps and installed a few of them (Pocket, Calibre Companion); I of
course have some of the same apps as I have on the iPad, like Netflix, the
Eurosport player, MS Office etc. But is there something unique out there in
Android land that I should consider?

TIA,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman