[OM] OT: Interesting Cars In Movies

Subject: [OM] OT: Interesting Cars In Movies
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2017 08:45:43 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Yesterday evening I watched the movie "Gattaca", a 1997 scifi flick
starring Uma Thurman, Gore Vidal, Jude Law, Alan Arkin, and Ernest Borgnine:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119177/?ref_=nv_sr_3

     Despite the fact that it flopped at the box office, the movie is a pretty
good though mild thriller.  What caught my eye was a pair of cars that appeared
here and there.  One was a Citroen DS19 convertible:

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02347/DS_DS19Cabriolet_2347092k.jpg

and the other was a Studebaker Avanti:

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/06/avanti_1280_27.jpg

     These are both fairly old cars, but their artistic and futuristic body
designs fit right in with the overall nature of the movie.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson