Re: [OM] IMG: Airplane and Bumble Bee

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Airplane and Bumble Bee
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2017 15:04:33 -0700
On 6/25/2017 9:47 AM, Jim Nichols wrote:
While investigating the insect visitors, I heard the Twin Otter jump plane returning to the airport for another load, so I snapped it with the 60 Macro.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20170625-DSCF2613.JPG.html

This young Bumble Bee spent a long visit on this Buddleia bloom.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20170625-DSCF2612.JPG.html

That's rather nice!

Still awaiting the butterflies..................

Our buddleia has done poorly for several seasons. A couple of stunted, twisted blooms, with some icky stuff on them. Finally convinced the gardener it needed to be cut almost down to the ground. It came back strong. He also started spraying the growing tips heavily with Safer soap solution and I have been doing so too.

We now have a first healthy looking bloom, and buds for more. Seems whatever it
is gets into the buds as soon as they form.

Flora Moose