Re: [OM] Chickadee nest

Subject: Re: [OM] Chickadee nest
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2017 16:29:30 -0700
On 6/23/2017 12:08 PM, Don Holbrook wrote:
They're gone till next February.  I can't believe how much work they do to
build this!

The large raptors I know of reuse nests. Just a little clean-up and renovation each year. We had a pair of Redtail hawks nesting just across the street for a few years, then after a couple of years without, they or a new pair started using it again. When they hadn't been back for a couple of years, the neighbors had the tree cut down. It was a hazard to their house, but they waited. A new pair have nested just down the street.

Nice look at the nest!

'Twere mine, I'd gussy it up a bit, then crop, either to 8x10 proportions, to get rid of the blurry whatever, upper right, or square. <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Holbrook/ChickadeeNest.htm>

Nesting Moose