Re: [OM] Science and Speculation [was "Moonrise, Hernandez, New Mexico"

Subject: Re: [OM] Science and Speculation [was "Moonrise, Hernandez, New Mexico" @ AGO in Toronto]
From: ChrisB <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2017 12:47:57 +0100
I’ve thought along those lines for a while, Moose.

I know little of Hubble, nothing of Tyson, nor of de Monet, but every time I
hear a physicist talking of Big Bang as if it were proven I turn off.  There
seem to be way too many assumptions on which the theor(ies) is/are based for
any other reaction.

We have a rock star physicist in the UK called Brian Cox.  He is entertaining,
but his explanations (for the ‘common man”) irritate me quite quickly, not
least because of his over use of the word ‘amazing”.

Mind you, I’ve just had a short chat with a couple of Jehovah’s Witness ladies,
mother and daughter, about whether or not the Bible is the Word of God.  I
agreed that it was, but mother wanted me to know that it was so because of
factual accuracies in the Bible.  That’s way too contentious for me to want to
discuss, nor do I need to, but the idea that years mean years (for instance) in
the Bible is a useless distraction.

Chris