Re: [OM] Visual Conundrum #21

Subject: Re: [OM] Visual Conundrum #21
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 01:19:43 -0700
On 6/15/2017 12:44 PM, piers@xxxxxxxx wrote:
OK, I'll take the bait.

Thanks for that!

But wait, the buzzer sounded, no score.

It's a non-woven fabric, Tyvek or similar, and
black, illuminated from above rather than behind as Chris thought (as did
I).

It is material, in the sense of stuff from which other stuff is fabricated, but it is not fabric. Unless, of course, you like playing with English, and would say that the fabric of a bridge is steel. So let's say it's neither woven nor felted soft fibers, nor flexible in their way.

The pattern you see was not a feature of it when new, long ago. It's not a trick, in that it's a shot of an ordinary thing in light that interested me when I saw it, although unusual there.

Fabrizio Moose