[OM] IMG: Airport Miscellaneous

Subject: [OM] IMG: Airport Miscellaneous
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2017 14:25:36 -0500
I've spent quite a bit of time this week getting some images for the airport manager. In the process, I've picked up a few that were for myself. Here are some of them.

This is a Piper Tripacer in 1957 colors, the prettiest paint scheme that Piper ever designed. In the late 1950s and early 1960s, my family and I made many trips in these little airplanes. It brought back a lot of fond memories.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20170609-DSCF2360.JPG.html

This is one of Piper's current favorites, the turbine-powered Meridian. Pressurized, it cruises above 20,000 ft and really is very efficient, with the reliable P&W Canada PT-6.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20170609-DSCF2372-2.JPG.html

I was surprised to see this Bonnaroo visitor in her "little black dress", hardly the norm for an outdoor music festival.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20170609-DSCF2382.JPG.html

While some of the visitors watched the skydivers, others watched the watchers.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20170609-DSCF2421.JPG.html

This shows some of the contrasts at the airport. There were a number of moms who brought their kids out to watch. Here, a young father babysits in the grass as the passengers from the arriving jets walk into the terminal building. I couldn't help but wonder if those shoes were the cause of the banged up knee. :-\

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20170609-DSCF2442-2.JPG.html

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA