Re: [OM] OT: Neighbourhood Excitement

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Neighbourhood Excitement
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2017 12:15:59 -0300
Here's a piece from a Halifax, Nova Scotia newspaper about a more subtle form of state participation in the affairs of the citizenry :

http://tinyurl.com/ybpshgbj

jh

On 2017-06-03 10:56 PM, Chris Trask wrote:
      Things are usually pretty quiet around here, but a little more than an
hour ago there was a posting on our neighbourhood association page about a
large amount of police activity nearby.  Shortly after a little girl exited the
house, I walked over and saw that a good portion of the on-duty police
department was there, some in tactical gear.  There was the THUD of a
flash/bang grenade, then someone on a bullhorn.  Soon afterwards a woman left
the house, then the cops went in and took charge of the suspect.

      All this immediately after the BBC announced the London terror attacks.

Chris

      - Hunter S. Thompson