[OM] Article on Frankensteining OM-System T-10 and T-8 Ring Flashes

Subject: [OM] Article on Frankensteining OM-System T-10 and T-8 Ring Flashes
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 10:11:35 -0700
FINALLY got this multi-year project off the ground!

Everything seems to be working fine, including full TTL exposure on the OM-D
EM1.2. (It will not do focus stacking/bracketing, however.)

I miss working with my collection of OM Zuiko macro lenses! The addition of TTL
flash makes the 38/2.8 hand-holdable, but the 20/2 still needs a focusing stage
— and subjects that don’t scurry away.

Thanks to John Hermanson for tracking down the proper cable/plug assemblies,
which he can no longer supply, but which Olympus America has agreed to sell me…
if there’s anyone else interested in such a conversion.

Someone was interested in using a donor T Power Control’s socket to make an
adapter cable, so the ring flash would work with either the FC-1 digital or T
Power film controller. Unfortunately, this can’t happen, as the T Power Control
has the HV trigger transformer in the controller, but the FC-1 expects it in
the flash head.

Here’s the article, with some photos:

https://www.mu-43.com/threads/converted-olympus-t-10-and-t-8-ring-flashes.92166/#post-1026296

Jan Steinman