Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 26/5 and 28/5: good food

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 26/5 and 28/5: good food
From: David Thatcher <plusphoto@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 23:27:31 +0930
On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 07:02:13AM +0200, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
> As for chili???contrary to our impression in the West, Indian food is not
> always spicy.

Agreed. Indian food is very diverse, probably more so than many
cultures.  That said, a work colleague who was raised in India brought
in a huge share pot of a dish that was his mum's family secret one day.
It was VERY spicy :)

As I (very vaguely) alluded to, chili didn't hit India until the
Columbian times, though now India is the largest producer in the world.
Pepper (as in black/white), however, is native to the region. :)

davidt