[OM] How to deal with new ban on carry on electronics traveling back to

Subject: [OM] How to deal with new ban on carry on electronics traveling back to USA
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2017 22:08:56 -0400
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
We had booked flts before any ban.  Our connection home is now a problem though
I read that the ban may be lifted in mid Oct--but that is iffy.  Seems cam
bodies may be an issue and not sure about lenses.  anything larger than a phone
may be an issue so perhaps the GM5 is OK.
Have never checked any significant photo gear except mebbe a flash all wrapped
in clothes.  From what I can tell with a cursory search  checking a bunch of
gear through seems to be an iffy proposition at best.  I am already not the
best gear packer and now this hassle.
For kicks I priced out a smallish fedex box from connecting airport.  Not very
economical.  The ban may extend to European airports as well but will cause
more of a raucous.  In the future this will effect where I choose to go as
travel is an increasing hassle as is.

https://www.fedex.com/ratefinder/standalone?method=getQuickQuote     $250 at a
minimum for a 5 lb box w/o packing supplies.  Will consider leasing a body or
two or rescheduling and use the flts to do something else.
Any suggestions?  Have little confidence in surly baggage handlers that just
about drop kick half the luggage from what I can tell.

Banned in Boston, Mike