[OM] A9 review--hoping the next model would have been OM A7R111

Subject: [OM] A9 review--hoping the next model would have been OM A7R111
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2017 19:19:03 -0400
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
https://www.cameralabs.com/sony-alpha-a9-review/

Seems an impressive accomplishment but maybe not for OMZ fans.  Not clear if
there will be an A9r or A7rIII.  Perhaps even both.  They fixed much of the
ergonomic issues with better menus to boot but A9 no longer support any "apps."
 That is the only way to input alt lens data pre-shot, AFAIK.  I wonder if they
will abandon the alt lens crowd now that they have fleshed out the lens stable
more fully  and continue to expand that?

Seems they are close to a global shutter.  Some reports the data can be cleared
in about 1/160 sec but have still seen a few rolling shutter artifacts.  I'd
rather have the megapickels with fewer FPS. Seems odd  Sonnie seems to playing
field to themselves.  Patents might argue otherwise but nothing has appeared.

Waiting, waiting, waiting, Mike