[OM] Zone-10 reminder

Subject: [OM] Zone-10 reminder
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 23:20:38 -0500
Just a reminder that the original zone-10 website will be shutdown in
the next couple of days.

Had I not planned to already, I would have to now. There is a new
exploit in the wild that is infecting older Joomla versions and by
extension EVERYTHING built in Mambo. My site hasn't exhibited signs of
the exploit yet, but I don't think it will take very long. As the site
is well indexed, it won't avoid infection.

I'm monitoring the site for infection (there is no cure), and will
kill the site as soon as I see it go bonkers, but otherwise will plan
to take it down no later than Saturday.

The exploit does nothing to your computers if you visit it. The
exploit only trashes the site and exposes the SQL database. I've
already locked everything down as tight as I can make it.

While the plan is to keep it live until Saturday, I have no illusions
that it will make it that far. As of this afternoon, over 5000 sites
were already affected.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx