Re: [OM] IMG: Two from Yesterday

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Two from Yesterday
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 15:25:10 -0500
This is my first experience with suet, and I invested in the cheap Walmart feeder to see who showed up. Other than getting my hands greasy, it is easy to fill. The Jays and Cardinals have ignored it, and it works for large and small woodpeckers. As to the Starling's ability to dine inverted, I suspect he has enough tenacity to do it. But, the large woodpeckers seem to like to hang on the sides and ends, so I will stick with what I have for now.

I have squirrel guards on both posts, so that and some branch trimming has eliminated their intrusions for a while. My late wife was convinced that one of the squirrels also had an engineering degree and was just trying to show me he could outsmart me. :-)

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA