Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 21/4/2017: morning walk in Copenhagen

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 21/4/2017: morning walk in Copenhagen
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2017 09:59:06 -0300
Interesting to see that Churchill's bust is on display.

Is there any mention of Denmark's military liberator, British Field Marshall Bernard Montgomery, who almost at the last moment decided to take his troops westwards when FDR ordered that allied troops stand down and let Stalin "liberate" Berlin? Had it not been for Montgomery's initiative, all of Denmark would almost certainly have fallen to the Russians.

jh