[OM] IMG: Just Another Sunday at the Airport

Subject: [OM] IMG: Just Another Sunday at the Airport
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2017 15:01:32 -0500
After breakfast, I read the headline in the local paper and it said that the State of Tennessee had named the local airport as the Number 1 airport in the state. This provided another opportunity for the Mayor and the Airport Board to get their photos in the paper, but, non-the-less, the folks have been working hard to provide service to all visitors, and not just the fancy jets that arrive for Bonaroo.

As I began to hear the skydivers overhead, I decided I needed to get out and get some exercise, walking on concrete. As I got to the airport, the Twin Otter was getting a refill after a busy morning.
http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20170409-DSCF1295.JPG.html

As I waited for the next load of jumpers to load up, I spoke with the young high school student who had done the refueling. The city hires and trains several part-time workers to help cover weekends and larger fly-ins.
http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20170409-DSCF1306.JPG.html

The loading began, under a beautiful blue sky.
http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20170409-DSCF1312.JPG.html

Finally, the twin Pratts come to life, and the Twin Otter headed for the runway.
http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20170409-DSCF1315.JPG.html

I walked out to the landing zone and watched a Civil Air Patrol glider tow depart for another cadet training flight.
http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20170409-DSCF1323.JPG.html

The glider is a modern two-place training ship.
http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20170409-DSCF1325.JPG.html

And, finally, as the first jumpers descend, I got a shot of this lady sky diver against the nice blue sky.
www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20170409-DSCF1334.JPG.html

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA