Re: [OM] M43 teleconverter MC-14 experiences?

Subject: Re: [OM] M43 teleconverter MC-14 experiences?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 22:00:47 -0700
On 3/28/2017 4:17 PM, Jan Steinman wrote:
Anyone have anything good or bad to say about this?

Like the OM version, this has a protruding front element, and is only specified as
working with a couple MFT lenses. But I’m thinking that would be no problem
when connected to an OM adapter, or even a 4/3rds adapter.

My understanding with the OM 1.4x was that the protruding front element was to get it close to the rear element of the lens. I can't see any other reason. The only reason I can think of to do that is for performance. I assume the MC-14 design is for the same reason. So putting it farther back via adapter seems likely to me to adversely affect performance.

I’m also thinking it might help clean up some of the tele-centricity problems
film lenses have with digital bodies.

I thought telecentricity was only a problem with WA lenses.

Skeptical Moose