Re: [OM] OT: Speaking of Nostalgia...

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Speaking of Nostalgia...
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 11:36:37 -0700
On 3/27/2017 7:00 AM, bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Moose wrote, sufficient to drag me out of the shadows;

As to the
new generation, remember the format difference. Nominal height
resolution is 6000 for 24 MP Fuji, vs. 5184 for
29 MP Oly. A 16%
increase in linear resolution is below the visible threshold when not
pixel peeping. .................

Can you please enlighten me as to the identity of the 29MP Oly ?

It exists in the universe of typos, where the "9" is next to the "0" on my
keyboard. The latest are 20 MP.

Oly's Global Marketing Manager recently spoke about the possibility of a 33 MP
sensor in the future.

Yes, the lenses are up to it, as I have found using the 50-ish MP resolution of
the HR mode of the E-M5 II.

Imperfect Moose