Re: [OM] Before the Fall - Flora, Fauna, Fungi, Water, Strange Artifacts

Subject: Re: [OM] Before the Fall - Flora, Fauna, Fungi, Water, Strange Artifacts
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2017 18:31:43 -0500
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
Ever look deeply in to the eye of a frog? Here's your chance!
<http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=21500>

Super!  Rather intriguing and quite beautiful, IMO. I missed it as can only
check the old archives at work and this post was not included due to a hiccup
of some sort which I have noticed over the years.
Made me wonder why a horizontal slit pupil--recalled reading an article on it.
More common in prey animals and it is said they can detect vertical motion
better as well as have a broader range of vision at the price of some
sharpness.  Here is one site:

http://www.koryoswrites.com/nonfiction/the-functions-of-different-pupil-shapes/
Not sure where I saw the original article.

In the eye of the beholder, Mike