Re: [OM] OT: Revisint Linux

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Revisint Linux
From: Lawrence Plummer <PlummerL@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 07:42:54 +0000
Unbelievable! How about this. I've got some 5-1/4 floppy disks with MS-DOS 5
(even MS-DOS 6 if you want to risk it). You could then pick up a 300 baud modem
and dial-up only BBS systems (I'm assuming they still exist). For payments, you
can write them a check and mail it.

This and a COSTCO sized pallet of tin foil may be the only thing that saves us!

larry

When the going gets weird, the weird turn into cavemen ....

On Feb 13, 2017 19:06, "Chris Trask" <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Well, evilBay made yet another change, this time to its methods for
> payment, and now I can no longer pay for items, at least not here at home.
> It's been bad enough for the past couple of years tat the message system
> and feedback system cannot be used win WinXP, but if they have shut off the
> payment system as well than I'm at a complete loss.
>
> So I got out my Linux Mint HD, and the first thing I encountered is
> that it does not install the network manager and won't set up a network
> configuration. According to my notes from back then, this was the
> principal reason why I stopped trying to use it after two months of effort
> evaluating four diferent Linux systems.
>
> So I have no option except to fix Linux. According to an online
> blog, I have to edit a configuration file and remark out a number of
> lines. Supposedly that will fix the networking problem.
>
> Chris
>
> When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro
> - Hunter S. Thompson
> --
lists.thomasclausen.net
This list is an open list, meaning that anyone can subscribe -- but in order to
post to the list, one MUST be a list subscriber. Attachments, html etc. is
being ...

olympus Private Archives
Authentication<http://lists.thomasclausen.net/mailman/private/olympus/>
lists.thomasclausen.net
Important: From this point on, you must have cookies enabled in your browser,
otherwise you will have to re-authenticate with every operation.

Themed Olympus Photo Exhibition - tope.nl<http://www.tope.nl/>
www.tope.nl
On this page you will find the fine efforts of the members of the Olympus OM
mailing list and other Olympus users, at shooting pictures with a certain theme