Re: [OM] OH NO! More Alt dot Moose - Again

Subject: Re: [OM] OH NO! More Alt dot Moose - Again
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 19:47:18 -0500
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
Easy way Moose writes:
<<What are the requirements? The people at the links below are talking 1:1.
Might that be a little extreme? In the case at hand, the leaf was maybe 6" in
length. To fill almost 90% of the frame width would require only 0.1x. The
excellent, and expensive, Panny 12/1.4 will do <<that. The Oly 12/2 would fill
70%.

Appreciate your thinking about how to accomplish these macro landscapes. I do
like the single lens solution.  I suppose if the higher mag subject is not to
close and the lens doesn't close focus  by use of a helicoid so much that the
the entrance pupil to subject distance doesn't change by a substantial
percentage, then it should work.  I have no clue if those conditions are met
for the lenses you mentioned.  A CU diopter might make the fov too different
and ball up the stacking w/o some fancy PP footwork.
I would bet there would be substantial artifacts to clean up no matter
technique is used.   Perhaps even the G9 would work but perhaps they shorten
the FL to allow for higher mag which might muck up the works.

Any way that works, Mike