[OM] IMG: Another from the Archives

Subject: [OM] IMG: Another from the Archives
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2017 12:36:05 -0600
This image shows a small part of the Wind Tunnel 16T Control Room during a test of space capsule recovery systems in the late 1950s. All of the controls and instrumentation were still analog. The left panel contained the controls for the flexible nozzle that could cover the range from Mach 0.5 to 1.6. The right panel controlled the compressor system. I'm the Project Engineer, adjusting the TV system. I even had hair in those days. Note the Speed Graphic and bag of film holders above my head. The gentleman in the foreground was the General Electric engineer on this test.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Tunnel+16T+Control+Room.jpg.html

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA