Re: [OM] NO IMG: Encounters With Nature

Subject: Re: [OM] NO IMG: Encounters With Nature
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2017 17:14:56 -0500 (EST)
     Hah!  I have had two occasions where I've taken a rest while hiking, only
to be fully awakened by having a large shadow pass over me,  In both cases it
turned out to be a turkey vulture looking me over.  Need to move around once in
a while.  :{D

     The first time that happened, I was at the edge of a cliff near Superior.
It was a nice day with a clear view to the west adn a light westerly wind.  I
layed there enjoying the view when the shadow passed over me and stopped.  I
looked up to see a turkey vulture looking down at me, about 20 feet overhead.
Then a second one appeared and they continued southward along the edge of the
cliff, passing over each other from time to time.  They appeared to be playing
in the updraught from the westerly wind rising sharply upward.

     I had another wildlife encounter with a group of horses on that hike.

     Apaches say that the area is the home of a very powerful spirit.