Re: [OM] WinXP vs. Win7

Subject: Re: [OM] WinXP vs. Win7
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2017 09:37:01 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Actually, the situation here has become far more serious.  In an act of
desparation I decided to go to eBay to find an affordable installation disk for
Win7.  Much to my surprise and disgust, I quickly discovered that eBay
completely changed its search pages overnight.  So, I'm here at the coffee
shop, having spent over an hour updating everything on one of the laptops.  Now
I find that they have disabled the search functions, so even if I was serious
about retreading that Win7 hard drive, I can't.  If you mouse over the SEARCH
buttons, there it nothing there.

     I know I have a Linux hard drive somewhere, but when I went to look for it
weeks ago it was nowhere to be found.  It's in a pink static-free pouch.  I
guess the Gremlins got it.

     I simply cannot afford to buy an entirely new laptop, and even if I could
I would not be able to justify the purchase just to have a functional SEARCH
button on a single solitary website that could be rendered inoperable in a
moment's time.

     eBay is the one and only website where these problems persist.

     Between this and the unsolvable background downloading proble  with
dialup, I wonder if it would be best to do nothing more than collect pieces of
string.

Chris